NEW YORK STATE SOCIETY OF ENROLLED AGENTS
Goal 1: To enhance the visibility and recognition of the Enrolled Agent as the Preferred tax professional.
- To encourage Members to promote their Enrolled Agent status.
- To insure that all news releases go out in a timely manner to all areas of the state.
- To create standard letters and pamphlets that can be easily personalized.
- To promote the career opportunities of Enrolled Agents.
- To create seminar outlines for presentation to interested groups.
Goal 2: To be an effective voice in advocacy and rights of taxpayers and Enrolled Agents before all levels of Federal, State and Local legislative and regulatory agencies.
- To monitor all bills entered in the legislature that effect the right of our Members to practice our profession.
- To appoint Members to the advisory committees of the federal, state and local tax agencies.
- To comment on proposed regulations drafted by the NYS Chief of Tax Regulations.
- To establish working relationships with common interest groups.
Goal 3: To provide educational opportunities/resources to assist our Members in their professional growth.
- To identify and meet the educational needs of the membership.
- To develop educational programs and networking opportunities that are accessible to all Members.
- To provide opportunities for Members to realize their abilities as speakers and educators.
- To support the Publication and Public Information Committees.
Goal 4: To provide effective communication with both Members and the public.
- To communicate tax related information to Members on a timely basis.
- To provide tax information for public use.
- To assess and review the effectiveness of current communication techniques.
- To utilize and assess all available communication techniques to reach our Members.
Goal 5: To enhance membership, identify and meet the future needs of Members and strengthen the New York State Society of Enrolled Agents/National Association of Enrolled Agents partnership.
- To identify and monitor changing trends in our profession.
- To have membership representation at National Association of Enrolled Agents Board functions.
- To improve communication between Members for professional enhancement.
- To expand membership services.
Goal 6: To manage the Society in an effective and efficient manner.
- To commit to an ongoing strategic planning process that aligns the goals and objectives with the society’s fiscal resources.
- To assist chapters in governance, administration and development.
- To utilize electronic communications for the governance and administration of the Chapters.
- To utilize paid professional staff for selected administrative tasks.
Goal 7: To ensure a stable and growing membership.
- To ensure that all Enrolled Agents are apprised of the benefits of national, state and local membership.
- To increase membership each year.
- To have a chapter established in all areas of the state.
- To encourage active participation of all Members.